Get Searching...

Fees and Finance

It is important to take some time to think about the financial aspects of going into Higher Education (HE) at South Cheshire College.  Financial support available for HE students studying at South Cheshire College is exactly the same as support available for those HE students studying at university. This makes Higher Education at South Cheshire College an affordable option.

Visit Student Finance England to find out about money matters and what help is available. You may be entitled to help towards paying your tuition fees. How much help you receive towards living costs will depend on your household situation and the type of course you are applying for. There is also a budget calculator on this website to help to plan your finances.

For full or part time students, the amount you receive from Student Finance England depends on the cost of your fees. At South Cheshire College, the maximum our HE courses will cost for 2016/17 is £5,850 per annum of which full-time students will be eligible for a government loan to cover the cost.

Full time students are eligible for repayment of the loan, from the April after you leave/graduate. If you are a part-time student, it’s four years after starting the course, or the April after you complete, depending on which comes first. You are not expected to start repayments until you earn over £21,000 pa gross, repayments collected by HMRC, at a rate of 9% of what you earn above £21,000.

You can find out what help is available to finance higher Education, by visiting Student Finance England or calling 0300 100 0607

Other financial support that is available will depend on your individual circumstance. For example Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA), Dependants’ Grants, Bursaries and Scholarships are all available to people in certain categories.

To gather more information about what financial support is available to you when studying on a HE course at South Cheshire College, you can speak to our Student Adviser, Mark Jones, who is based in The Student Hub on the first floor of the crescent, or via mark.jones@scc.ac.uk, or telephone 01270 654654 ext 502.
You can also visit Student Finance England or The Student Room

Full-time students can apply for a maintenance loan to help towards living costs and costs related to your study e.g. accommodation, household bills, books, equipment, trips etc. The level of support is dependent on your satisfying certain criteria and your personal circumstances and generally household income although there are some exceptions. Please refer to Student Finance England for further information where you will find a student calculator to estimate your potential award.


In partnership with The University of Oxford.