The College is committed to providing a safe learning environment that is based upon the positive well-being, personal safety and security for all learners. This is reflected in the College’s policies, procedures and practice.
The governing body is committed to ensuring that South Cheshire College:
provides a safe environment in which children, young people and vulnerable adults can learn identifies children, young people and vulnerable adults who are suffering, or likely to suffer, significant harm, and takes appropriate action to see that such children, young people and vulnerable adults are kept safe, both at home and at the College.
The college has a Be Safe Team that can be contacted on 01270 654606 or email BeSafe@scc.ac.uk.
The designated senior member of staff with lead responsibility for safeguarding and protection issues is:
Director of Learning and Learner Services
South Cheshire College, Dane Bank Avenue, Crewe, Cheshire, CW2 8AB
Tel 01270 654654 ext 865 Email: email@example.com
Other designated members of staff with responsibility for safeguarding issues are:
- Julie Jervis – Nursery Manager – ext 550
- Moyra Throssell – Wellbeing and Participant Manager – ext 838
- Carol Smith – Inclusive Learning Advisor (ESBD/Mental Health Issues) – ext 776
- John Leese – Student Centre Co-ordinator – ext 570
- Andrew Charlton – Student Liaison Officer – ext 571