SCC Futures is a unique selection of pathways that will support you to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to succeed.
The three pathways on offer allow you to follow a tailored programme that will help you to achieve your goals for the future.
The Raising Aspirations Programme is open to all students who have an interest in exploring the option of university. Our aim is to work with students to boost their skills and confidence, give them early access to university style learning and enable them to make a more informed decision about applying for their chosen university course.
The following all form part of the Honours and Raising Aspirations Programmes:
- Prestigious Universities Programme – offers students an excellent range of support to enable them to make high quality applications to top universities, including workshops on filling in applications and talks from visiting academics and former college students.
- The Sutton Trust Summer Schools – offers high achieving students a taste of life at a leading university.
- Cambridge Shadowing Scheme – the opportunity to spend two days at Cambridge, shadowing undergraduate students.
- Technical Baccalaureate – new advanced award made up of three components, a level 3 extended diploma in a vocational area, the Extended Project Qualification and a level 3 Maths qualification.
- Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) – the opportunity to study a topic in depth and produce a final dissertation.
- Villers Park – the opportunity to take part in a residential at Villiers Park which gives them a taste of what to expect at university. Villiers
- Pembroke North – South Cheshire College, working in partnership with Oxford University’s Pembroke College, is the Pembroke North hub. Pembroke North is an intensive academic programme aimed at broadening the social and intellectual horizons of young people in the North West.
- Science Centre – in collaboration with Corpus Christi College, Oxford, providing a unique opportunity for students to attend lectures delivered by top university lecturers across a range of scientific disciplines.
- Mock interviews
- Guest speakers